Booking accommodation for a business trick can be a tricky proposition, particularly if you do not have a company credit card or seemingly limitless budget to content with. Whilst hotels may seem like your only option there are actually several different providers out there. In today’s article, we give you the pros and cons of the different types of affordable business accommodation on the market.
Hotels are a classic choice and the different budget types mean it is fairly straightforward to find one for your price point. Online research will help you find the right one for your affordable business accommodation.
- Hotels offer a good option at different price points
- You can find plenty of hotels on the market
- They can be booked in tandem with conference facilities
- Lower budget hotels will have noticeably less quality
- Hotels can lead to business travellers becoming isolated
- They can be less flexible with bookings and leaving times
- Serviced Apartments
The second option for an affordable business trip is a good serviced apartment. These are new accommodation types that include serviced amenities like cleaning and cooking facilities. These added amenities are also sometimes included with gym’s spas and pools.
- They help create a group feeling amongst travelling workers
- They can be found at good prices for affordable business accommodation
- They offer flexibility in terms of amenities
- The added amenities can be costly in the long run
- You may be limited in terms of size and number of beds
- They are less common than hotels and other accommodation options
- Short term rental apartments
The rise in online booking sites like Airbnb has led to a lot of homeowners offering apartments on a short-term rental basis. |The online platforms these providers operate in makes communication easy. This could be an affordable solution.
- They can be found in many different countries and cities
- They vary greatly in terms of size and location
- They are a good value option
- You may have to spend more time cooking and cleaning on longer stays
- There is less of a guarantee on the quality of this affordable business accommodation
- They can be found around different countries
Short stay B&Bs
If you are staying locally in the UK some of the more inexpensive options could be B&Bs. standing for Beds and Breakfasts, they are good options for short term domestic stays. Bed and Breakfasts make a good alternative to hotels if you prefer more traditional accommodation.
- They offer breakfast included in the price
- They can find around the UK
- They offer good personal service
- They may not be present in other countries
- They are not great for medium to long term stays
- They are less common in inner-city environments
Online reviews and pictures will help you make the right choice
The affordable business accommodation types listed all have their own benefits and drawbacks, but each individual option will also vary depending on the provider. When booking the accommodation for your next business trip be sure to look at online reviews and pictures to find the best possible accommodation needs.