A firm operating in the business of cash collection needs to be discreet in their functionality and bear knowledge about cash inflow and outflow. Various companies have a variety of clientele who might differ in status, but require the same efficient outcome. As a professional, nothing less than perfection is expected from you by your clients and company. To uphold your image and get past all stigma, we bring to you a list of tips which will help you in mastering your craft of cash collection.
- Focus on advance cash– Asking for advance cash does not put you or your firm in a bad position in any manner. One of the trusted ways to work your way in advance cash collection is by exercising politeness. Advance cash is a great option for scenarios where you have ongoing assignments or complicated engagements to bring some surety to you.
- Do not compromise on firm rates– Offering discounts initially to new clients might help you in welcoming volumes of new clientele. However, later when you will need to switch back to the original costs, you will be in a bad position. Altering your costs or providing discounts for new clients or sustenance of old clients might benefit you short term but will create difficult in the long term. Stick to your firm rates as later you will be able to collect sufficient cash to cover your service costs.
- Concise bills is the key- When you bill your clients, expect them to ask questions and have many queries to satisfy them. The bills should be concise and in crisp language to facilitate easy communication. Your employees should have record of the time spent on preparation of bills and other related matters. Straightforward and clear bills will persuade clients to make prompt payments without the need for clarifications.
- Ease through e- mail- Instead of lingering on to traditional methods, make use of new and improved technologies. Start sending all your client bills and details of cash collection through e- mails. Not only you will be able to maintain easy records on your server and clouds through emailing, but you will also be able to cross check any information within seconds.
- Initiate monthly billing- Many firms have the policy of billing quarterly which leads to huge delayed information which in turn leads to delayed payments. Monthly billing cycles should be observed and used for better cash collection and flow. Also, clients will be happy to pay smaller bills every months instead of a large bill at the end of a few months altogether. Ensure that your bill drafting process is initiated by the second or third day of the month so the bill is out and ready for dispatch by the middle of the month. Think like a customer and then make initiatives and draft policies for better client experiences and satisfaction.
- Analyze collection- Cash collection from a firm or a client should be one of your major focus areas. For efficient working, you must see that you are able to collect cash from your clients within 90 days. If you have a fair sum of debtors in more than 60 days, then you need to change your collection system and opt for different processes.
As a cash collector, there are numerous points which have to be kept in mind and acted upon efficiently to witness desired results. You must be proactive in your working and also respond quickly and well to your missing bill queries. Always stick to the basics of the business for proper practice management.