Promoting your event is one of the most crucial event management cycles, just below planning and organising the event itself. Your success heavily depends on whether or not people come to your event.
The easiest way to promote an event is to sponsor a celebrity that has a huge following. But not all of us have the luxury (and the cash) to find a celeb willing to do the work for us.
Therefore, if you’re planning an event, here are 5 things you need to promote.
Your Social Media Platforms
In today’s society, one of the easiest and fastest ways to promote an event, product, movie, and the like is through social media platforms. With over 3.6 billion active users online, social media is a goldmine when it comes to new customers.
Twitter hashtags are a great way to start a trend and make conversations around easy-to-find topics. Instagram works just as well; especially when paired with an eye-catching photo and caption.
Here are some tips on how to effectively promote your event on social media:
● Choose the right platform to share your content depending on your target audience.
● Invest in electronic signs (especially in a retail environment)
● Encourage engagement and interaction by posting content people want to read.
● Carefully monitor mentions of your brand on social channels, so you can quickly address problems before they escalate.
● Build a close knitted, friendly community, and focus on getting as many followers as possible.
● Be careful not to over-promote.
Your Official Website
Promoting your website makes things more formal and official. It lets people know that you’re serious about your brand and more than willing to show them what you can offer. It’s also where you can add your event’s schedules, special guests, location, and anything else related to it.
On your website, you can go all out in promoting your brand without worrying about advertising to an excessive degree. It’s your website, after all, and you’re free to do whatever you like! Many businesses, for example, have multiple sales going on at the same time. You can use electronic signs, and you won’t have to limit yourself to advertising the promotional event that is large enough to warrant a TV commercial. It can allow you to provide details to your clients in text, images, or videos form. To find a reputable digital signage company, you can search for a houston sign company or a similar signage company in another location where you live.
There are multiple ways to promote your brand. Of course, social media platforms are useful, but without proper customer engagement, it won’t work effectively. As such, one of the best ways to promote your brand or event is through merchandise.
An example of a product you can use is ink-injected wristbands. You can customise these wristbands with the name of your event, company, or brand and give it away for free advertisement. You can likewise use t-shirts, tote bags, notepads, pencils; the list is endless!
A good promotional product serves as an ongoing reminder of your brand. It also adds personal value to your general marketing message.
Your Event Partnerships
If there are other similar events in your local community, you can propose a mutually beneficial partnership with them. Together, you can expand your market and reach a much larger audience. Alternatively, you can hire an event marketing firm that can use tactics like Promotional Branded Food Truck, advertisement on public busses, hoarding, etc.
This is because proposing a business alliance doesn’t always work 100%. Therefore, you need to create an irresistible pitch that explains what the benefits are in partnering up with you.
Here are some tips to consider:
● Directly approach the key decision-maker or the person who has the authority to approve your partnership.
● Drop any hard sales pitches and instead focus on gaining the trust of the person you’re talking to; try to form a connection and be friendly!
● Present your idea in a way that heavily focuses on the benefits their company/event is going to receive if they choose you as a partner.
● Be open and willing to adapt your proposal if necessary.
Your Special Tickets
If you really want to boost your sales, consider adding special tickets to purchase. Plain old tickets are alright, but there’ll always be customers who want to feel special or receive extra benefits when participating in your event.
Here are some special ticket ideas to consider:
● Group tickets will encourage guests to invite their friends and spread the word.
● Early bird tickets will give you early traction in selling out your event.
● VIP tickets for guests who want to receive special privileges in your event, such as better seating, backstage tours, free food and drinks, etc.
Knowing how and what to promote is essential to a successful event. Even if you spent months planning and organizing, your event could fail if you don’t promote it. After all, without guests, there won’t be an event at all.
So if you’re planning an event, keep the above tips in mind, and you’ll be sure to have a successful venue.