US Immigration and The Need for Translation Services

The USCIS (the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) translation requirements are very particular.

When you register for adjustment of the situation with US Citizenship and Immigration Services, you usually must offer copies of some personal documents, like birth or marriage certificates. When listing immigration paperwork, supporting proof like a birth certificate may be in your native language. The USCIS wants you to translate your documents into English when giving supporting proof.

Those translations need a simple certification by the person who is translating the document. The translation and certificate of the translations are critical because if they are not added, it could lead to a suspension or rejection of your appeal.

When it comes to the certification, the translator must ensure they can translate the language and that the translation is correct.

Almost anyone can certify the translation of a document as long as they can do correctly and complete a certification form.

The USCIS determines certified translations as: “All documents presented in support of an application or request must carry a complete translation into English. Also, there must be a certificate of translation from the translator saying that the translation is flawless and reliable and attesting to his or her ability as a translator.”

Marriage certificates, passports, academic certificates, birth certificates, or any other documents that aren’t in English, must be translated in support of any USCIS submission. An analysis of the conditions to become a certified translation document: Format, Accuracy, Certification, Extracts. If you already have family in the U.S. that may help with your application, you can see if you are able to track them down using online support. Take a look now at websites such as for more information on how to go about this and help find your extended family tree.

Professional USCIS Document Translation

The best way to assure your translations for USCIS are done accurately is to use a language service provider that provides certified translations. Professional agencies that are used with immigration matters will make sure that your documents are adequate for USCIS.

By submitting correctly translated documents the first time, you can avoid problems like paused processing times or getting a request for evidence (RFE).

The need for Official USCIS Translation

USCIS wants submissions of certified translations for all international language documents. For an accredited translation according to USCIS standards, the translator must confirm that the translation is accurate to the valid of his or her experience and that he or she is qualified to translate.

The certification form preferred by USCIS covers the certifier’s signature, address, name, and date of certification. Several language service agencies are well-versed in preparing certified translations, and can quickly provide documents that meet or exceed USCIS translation requirements. They will translate your documents, include a declaration from the translator attesting to its correctness, and hold these documents certified. They would have means to make the translation easier, like a birth certificate translation template, or a template for just about any personal document, which enables them to translate faster.

Results of Presenting Bad Translations to USCIS

Those who require a translation for immigration may consider that using Google Translate or another online translation tools for their short personal certificates is fair, even though automated tools are not the best translators for legal or personal documents.

So, bilingual applicants may be influenced to translate their documents. Though, neither of these programs will fit as certified translations. USCIS is strict about the data they get. If USCIS has disbelief about the authenticity of a translated document, executives can send an RFE. This can pause the processing time for a case.

You will still be required to provide USCIS with a certified translation, generally within a month of getting the RFE. If the date noted on the RFE does not obtain the additional evidence, your case could be dismissed. Applying to USCIS is a process that can mean several things. You may want to continue your stay in the US, or even become a permanent citizen or resident.

The immigration process is a problematic affair that will have you waiting months or even years before you get your residency or citizenship. It’s clear that you are committed to a professional personal document translation to submit to USCIS.

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Service needs all documents (birth certificate translation template, etc.) to be translated into English if they’ve been issued in any other language. Also, the translator must confirm that the translation is correct and that he or she can translate into English. You can’t do the translation yourself, even if you are qualified. For this purpose, you must choose a professional translator, who will add a name, signature, and address for any issues that might arise.